Scholarship Fund Eligibility Criteria
1. Candidate for the M.A. Lee Scholarship must be one of the following: – A male student who is the class president at Lake Marion High School and Technology Center – A student at Orangeburg Wilkinson High School with aspirations of becoming a health care provider
2. Candidate must be a May or June 2018 High School Graduate with acceptance to a 4-year College or University and attending the fall of 2018.
3. Candidate must submit a copy of their College Acceptance Letter.
4. Candidate must have a 3.0 or better GPA on a 4.0 scale.
5. Candidate must submit a copy of their High School transcript displaying the cumulative grade point average.
6. Candidate must submit three Letters of Recommendation (letter must be from a Teacher, Employer or Professional with an organization in which the candidate is a member).
7. Candidate must submit an Academic Resume (to include volunteer work, club associations and employment history).
8. Candidate must submit a typed 500 word essay in their OWN words using the Topic: What is your strongest, most unwavering personality trait? How has this trait contributed to the person you are today and what about this unwavering trait makes you a viable candidate for the M. A. Lee Scholarship?
9. Candidate must submit all the above documentation along with the application by U. S. Mail on or before April 15, 2018. Application Packets submitted in any manner other than U.S. Mail will not be accepted.
Only those candidates awarded a scholarship will be contacted. Failure of an M.A. Lee Scholarship Award Recipient to attend the awards gala will automatically forfeit receipt of the scholarship.
The application process for the 2021 -2022 term has ended.
All required documentation must be received postmarked on or before April 30, 2017 to be considered for an award. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit all necessary documents as soon as possible to assure a last minute delay will not preclude consideration for this scholarship. Only those candidates selected to receive an award will be notified.
Failure of an M.A. Lee Scholarship Award Recipient to attend the awards gala will automatically forfeit receipt of the scholarship.